Words And Their Stories: Classroom License
Words And Their Stories is an award-winning web-based vocabulary program that engages students with the stories behind words. Students use critical thinking skills to develop a true understanding of each word. Take a peek at the student side of the program with this fun video:
Words And Their Stories...
- Builds vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
- Supports differentiated instruction.
- Fosters the development of critical thinking skills.
- Improves test-taking skills.
- Lets students log in 24/7, from any computer connected to the internet — allowing them to work on their vocabulary as homework.
Download our free trial quick start guide!
Experience for yourself why thousands of students around the world are using our patented WATS™ (Words And Their Stories) System for online vocabulary development.
- A compelling game, while exploring academic vocabulary.
- A series of clues helping unravel each word's meaning
- The ability to track personal progress and watch vocabulary skills improve.
Words And Their Stories includes over 1,000 vocabulary words.
- Six levels of difficulty
- Thousands of related words.
- CUSTOM words added by you!
About the WATS™ System:
A game-like experience leads students through clues for each word. Rather than relying on rote memorization, students must apply etymology and critical thinking skills in a sequential, inductive process to unravel and understand each word's definition.
- First: An illustrative story of the derivation of each word
- Clue #1: Applying information contained in the derivation
- Clue #2: Drawing upon prior knowledge
- Clue #3: Inferring meaning from context
- Clue #4: Completing an analogy
- Clue #5: Analyzing context to complete a sentence
An easy-to-use teacher module provides:
- Diagnostic assessment
- Pre- and post-tests
- Progress reports
- Tool for generating quizzes and student review guides
Words And Their Stories is web-based, providing 24/7 access for teachers and students. Students can log in at any time to work on their vocabulary outside of class.
If you have questions or need a quote for district-wide pricing, please call us at 888-240-3734. Words And Their Stories is eligible for Title 1 and Title 2 Part D funding.
(If you only want to subscribe one student, check out our Words And Their Stories Single Student Version. That version includes the same features for students, but does not include the Teacher Module for tracking multiple students' scores, assigning lists and quizzes, etc. However, adults can still review a student's scores in the student account. Check it out!)