Words And Their Stories: Student License
Words And Their Stories is an award-winning web-based vocabulary program that engages students with the stories behind words. Students use critical thinking skills to develop a true understanding of each word. Take a peek at the student side of the program with this fun video:
Words And Their Stories...
- Builds vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
- Supports differentiated instruction.
- Fosters the development of critical thinking skills.
- Improves test-taking skills.
- Lets students log in 24/7, from any computer connected to the internet — allowing them to work on their vocabulary as homework.
If you are an educator and would like to use this program with an entire class, check out our Words And Their Stories Classroom License. It includes a powerful Teacher Module for tracking multiple students' progress.
Download our free trial quick start guide!
Experience for yourself why thousands of students around the world are using our patented WATS™ (Words And Their Stories) System for online vocabulary development.
- A compelling game, while exploring academic vocabulary.
- A series of clues helping unravel each word's meaning
- The ability to track personal progress and watch vocabulary skills improve.
Words And Their Stories includes over 1,000 vocabulary words.
- Six levels of difficulty
- Thousands of related words.
- CUSTOM words added by you!
About the WATS™ System:
A game-like experience leads students through clues for each word. Rather than relying on rote memorization, students must apply etymology and critical thinking skills in a sequential, inductive process to unravel and understand each word's definition.
- First: An illustrative story of the derivation of each word
- Clue #1: Applying information contained in the derivation
- Clue #2: Drawing upon prior knowledge
- Clue #3: Inferring meaning from context
- Clue #4: Completing an analogy
- Clue #5: Analyzing context to complete a sentence
Words And Their Stories is web-based. Students can log in to their accounts from any computer connected to the internet. Parents and guardians can track students' progress from an easily accessed "Scores" screen within the student account.
When you order below, you'll receive a temporary username and password, and you will be asked to download (to your Mac or PC) a PDF with easy instructions for setting up your online account. After you have set up your account, you will be able to log in to Words And Their Stories online.
If you have questions or need a quote for classroom, school, or district-wide pricing, please call us at 888-240-3734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.