Stationery Studio Writing Collection Deluxe
Stationery Studio is an easy-to-use writing tool that helps educators teach to the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts: Writing for Grades K–5.
The three main standards are:
- Text Types and Purposes
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
You can learn more about the specifics of the Common Core standards for writing at the official website —click on "Writing" on the left hand side to select standards for each grade level.
With teacher direction and Stationery Studio's 59 cross-curricular activities, the software becomes a versatile tool that gets students writing everyday.
Stationery Studio also supports the standards for the International Reading Association (IRA) and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
Handwriting: Stationery Studio promotes the development of handwriting ability, a key stage in writing, by allowing teachers and children to print customized stationery with line styles, line width and line colors that suit the writer’s developmental level and by providing dotted fonts for handwriting practice. Stationery Studio makes handwriting a more attractive option for students, thereby promoting increased practice.
Writing Process: Stationery Studio engages students in the writing process from topic selection to publication and supports the development of writing skills by providing customized stationery appropriate to students’ interests, developmental level, and purpose. Stationery Studio is an effective tool that can enhance the writing experience and support the following NCTE and IRA standards:
Students adjust their use of spoken, written, and visual language (e.g., conventions, style, vocabulary) to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and for different purposes.
Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
Students use spoken, written, and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion, and the exchange of information).
Students conduct research by generating ideas and questions, and by posing problems. They gather, evaluate, and synthesize data from a variety of sources to communicate their discoveries in ways that suit their purpose and audience.
Stationery Studio supports ISTE's Educational Technology Standards for Students.
- Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Students apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
- Students create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- Students interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others, employing a variety of media.
- Students contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
- Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.