Fab@School Maker Studio
Discover Fab@School Maker Studio, an easy way to engage young engineers!
- Explore STEAM (STEM + Arts) as students make to learn.
- Create machines, 3D models, pop-ups, & more.
- Enjoy a high-tech/low-tech solution to digital design and fabrication.
Provide an easy onramp to introduce the engineering process.
Offers 24/7 access through a web-based platform (compatible with Mac, Windows, iPad, Chromebooks, and other mobile devices).
Use with confidence - Fab@School is a research-based tool, developed in collaboration with the University of Virginia and Reynolds Center TLC as part of the Fab@School Consortium which also includes the Smithsonian, Princeton, Hofstra, and SITE. Funded with generous support from the Cisco Foundation, US DOE, NSF, MacArthur Foundation, Noyce Foundation, and the Motorola Foundation.
Envision a classroom where students are actually working as engineers—a classroom where students imagine, invent, design, test, and collaborate to solve compelling problems. Picture a classroom where creativity flourishes and making mistakes is part of the learning process, as students discover for themselves what works and what does not. And imagine a classroom where every student walks away from a lesson with a working machine, pop-up, or another 3D object they designed and created themselves.
This is the Fab@School classroom, where the enthusiasm for learning is palpable. As one student said, "You can actually do it...you can see it and you can understand it!"
Fab@School Maker Studio is the first digital design and fabrication software designed specifically for the classroom.
- Start with Step by Step and Ready-Made Projects — or imagine and invent from scratch.
- Create and design with friendly yet powerful tools.
- Enjoy a range of projects from simple to sophisticated — 2D Stuff, Pop-ups, and 3D Stuff.
- Fabricate by hand with scissors or use easy and inexpensive digital cutters.
- Explore an easy on-ramp to 3D printing.
- Access standards-based activities including Smithsonian Invention Kits and resources.
- Discover a practical alternative to expensive mechanical die cutters.
See how the prototype of Fab@School Maker Studio is inspiring young engineers in the classroom!
In the following news story, NBC29 reporter Jennifer Von Reuter covers how students used digital fabrication to create their own skateboard park:
Here is just a sampling of the many projects you can create with Fab@School Maker Studio. From pop-ups, to 3D structures, to simple and complex machines, there are countless projects that provide a fun and engaging way for students to explore STEAM.
For school and district wide pricing, please contact FableVision Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-240-3734.
After you purchase your license of Fab@School Maker Studio, our team will reach out to you with your account information.