The Dot Interactive Version
Language Arts Grades K
Dive into your favorite books by Peter H. Reynolds! On any computer or interactive whiteboard, this software lets students explore and interact with Peter H. Reynolds' classic book The Dot. With optional narration by Peter and a special "Meet the Author" video, this program is like having a virtual author visit from Peter!
- Boosts reading comprehension.
- Fosters a deeper understanding of plot
- Enhances the reading experience with teacher settings, optional narration from Peter, a recording tool, discussion prompts, a built-in glossary, and activities.
- Includes a Virtual Author Visit from Peter H. Reynolds.
The Dot: Interactive Edition provides you with public performance rights. Share Peter's story with as many students as you would like!
On any whiteboard or computer screen, The Dot: Interactive Edition offers K-5 students a unique reading experience, promoting exploration far beyond the pages of the book itself. Includes:
- Large, stunning visuals of book pages.
- Ability to read with or without story text, narration, and text highlighting.
- Audio recording tool for capturing students’ voices while reading.
- Discussion prompts, with tool to add your own text, links, or images.
- Glossary of selected words from the text, with the option to highlight while reading.
- Playful "Pick-A-Student" feature that randomly selects student readers.
Included activities promote further understanding and exploration:
- Tale Twister helps students learn sequencing, offering three levels of difficulty.
- Story Starter provides creative writing prompts. You can also add your own!
- Meet the Author Video: With The Dot, students get to know Peter H. Reynolds and his creative philosophy.
Based on popular demand, the first book available for the Big Screen Books software suite was Peter H. Reynolds’ The Dot!
Beloved in classrooms around the world, The Dot tells the story of a girl who begins a journey of self-discovery after she is challenged by her teacher to “make her mark.” The interactive edition of The Dot makes the story larger than life, offering students new opportunities to explore the importance of being brave, nurturing creativity, and encouraging others.
"Big Screen Books shares stories that promote bravery, empathy, vision, patience, and creativity. When you remind students of these ‘gifts’ in their ‘journey backpacks,’ they can succeed not only in school, but in life."
— Peter H. Reynolds, Creator & New York Times Best-Selling Author/Illustrator
By the way — did you know that Peter H. Reynolds' Ish, the popular sequel to The Dot, is also available for Big Screen Books? Learn more here.
Oh, one more thing! Every September 15th, thousands of educators and students celebrate International Dot Day in honor of The Dot's publication date. Find out more about International Dot Day and see how others have participated!
Pricing for The Dot: Interactive Edition, A Big Screen Book
For school and district-wide pricing, please call us at 888-240-3734. Mac/PC compatible. Download delivery.
Note: Big Screen Books is not compatible with Windows 10. To install on OS X El Capitan, Adobe Air but be installed first.