Ish Interactive Version
Language Arts Grades K
On any whiteboard or computer screen, Big Screen Books offers K-5 students (and grown-up kids!) a unique reading experience, promoting exploration far beyond the pages of the book itself. Includes:
- Large, stunning visuals of book pages.
- Ability to read with or without story text, narration, and text highlighting.
- Audio recording tool for capturing students’ voices while reading.
- Discussion prompts, with tool to add your own text, links, or images.
- Glossary of selected words from the text, with the option to highlight while reading.
- Playful "Pick-A-Student" feature that randomly selects student readers.
Included activities promote further understanding and exploration:
- Tale Twister helps students learn sequencing, offering three levels of difficulty.
- Story Starter provides creative writing prompts. You can also add your own!
- Meet the Author Video: With both The Dot and Ish, students get to know Peter H. Reynolds and his creative philosophy.
In this sequel to The Dot, a creative spirit learns that thinking "ish-ly" is far more wonderful than "getting it right."
Drawing is what Ramon does. It's what makes him happy. But in one split second, all that changes. A single reckless remark by Ramon's older brother, Leon, turns Ramon's carefree sketches into joyless struggles.
Luckily for Ramon, though, his little sister, Marisol, sees the world differently. She opens his eyes to something a lot more valuable than getting things just "right."
Combining the spareness of fable with the potency of parable, Peter H. Reynolds shines a bright beam of light on the need to kindle and tend our creative flames with care.
By the way — did you know that Big Screen Books: The Dot (the prequel to Ish) is also available? Download your copy today and inspire your students to make their mark this school year!
Pricing for Big Screen Books: Ish
For school and district-wide pricing, please call us at 888-240-3734. Mac/PC compatible. Download delivery.